Profitable franchise resales can only happen when you have the right team of professionals in place to help ensure a successful transition to a qualified buyer. BayState Business Brokers gives you the advantage of:
Franchisors do not offer the best franchise resale option to franchisees looking to sell. Because their goal is to expand their network, their first choice is to sell a new franchise to any potential buyer. A franchise resale is just trading dollars.
BayState Business Brokers assists you with every step of the franchise resale process. Here are the steps we take to help you successfully sell your franchise:
- We read the franchise agreement that you signed to determine your rights in regards to the franchise resale and how this affects the franchise resale.
- We obtain a copy of the current Franchise Disclosure Document and determine how the franchisor wants to present the disclosure to potential buyers. We find the best way to work with the franchisor in presenting the franchise to the buyer.
- We develop a clear understanding of the steps in the process for transferring the franchise from the franchisor. Most franchisors have a specific process that must be followed and doing so will expedite the sale.
- We learn what the franchisor's buyer requirements are for franchise resales and check that a potential buyer meets them.
- We clarify the cost of transfer fees and disclose the cost of these fees to potential buyers if they are required to pay them.
- Your franchise resale is not finalized until a buyer is approved by the franchisor, which normally occurs after they complete any required training. We take the time to find out what the likely reasons might be that a buyer would not be able to complete the training and use it to ensure we find quality buyers.
BayState Business Brokers will take many additional steps to assist you in a successful franchise resale.Contact us to speak with one of our highly qualified professional business brokers today.